Friday, January 28, 2011

Teething (otherwise known as no sleep for Mommy)

Turner has been teething in a major way lately. He currently has three teeth on the bottom. Two popped in right after Christmas and the third came in just this week. His upper gums are a little swollen, so I think his top two teefers are not far behind.

All this teething is causing Mr. T quite a bit of discomfort. He's fine during the day, but nights are rough. I give him ibuprofen before bed and put Orajel on his baby gums, but he still wakes up A LOT. I feel so sad for him because his cry is a painful cry, so I can't lay in bed and let him carry on, whether it's 2 a.m. or not. Needless to say, there has not been a lot of shut eye araound our house.

The only thing I have found that seems to comfort him in his crib is giving him a cold teething ring and a bib - not to wear, but to hold. It's a little odd, but it has helped out in the wee hours of the morning.

In other news, Turner started pulling up on his baby feet this week! I caught his first official stand in his crib the other night and snapped a couple of not-so-clear pics. And yes, he is wearing Christmas jammies at the end of January. Don't judge - that's one more day I can go without doing T's laundry.




No comments:

Post a Comment