Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Torti what?

I apologize for being an absentee blogger. We've kinda had a lot going on lately. Anyhoo, I took Turner to the doctor two weeks ago because I noticed he only turns his head to the left. I thought I was probably just a crazy mom, but it turns out he has a condition called Torticollis. "Torti" meaning twist and "collis" meaning neck. No one knows for sure what causes it, but it is most likely from T's head being turned the same way all the time when he was squished in my belly. One neck muscle is nice and long and stretchy, while the other is tight.

Our Pediatrician referred Turner to a physical therapist at Children's Hospital, and he had his first appointment today. I learned some exercises to do with him several times a day to help strengthen his neck. The therapist was rather harsh with me about making sure I do the exercises. Apparently she didn't know what kind of mama she was talking to, because I am a rule follower. I will do everthing she says. Times ten.

Below are a few pictures from our wait in the office. Mommy was bored so I snapped some shots with my snazzy new phone.

Appropriatly enough, we were in the dinosaur room.


Turner was fascinated with the dinosaurs hanging from the ceiling.

This is what he saw.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment